Here you will find a variety of articles about Islamic themes. We hope you find them to be informative, inspiring, and something you’d like to share with family and friends. To your left, you should find links to the specific themes. The articles cover a broad range of topics:
(1) QURAN REFLECTIONS… commentary on verses of the Quran, concise explanations of key vocabulary words, short essays on the Book’s key themes, and more
(2) WISDOM OF THE PROPHET (peace be upon him) … stories from his life, explanations of his statements and deeds (hadith), life lessons that are ever relevant to our lives today, and more.
(3) HEROES OF ISLAM … brief and inspiring biographies of some of the most illustrious men and women of Muslim civilization, including Companions of the Prophet, scholars, artists, scientists, and more.
(4) FRIDAY KHUTBA … Occasionally you will find here summaries of the Friday Khutbas given at the Mosque Foundation.
(5) RAMADAN CORNER … Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim lunar calendar, in which Muslims fast from dawn to dusk. Fasting has been part of sacred tradition for as long as human memory. To voluntarily abstain from food and drink has always been associated with elevating one's character and strengthening one's resolve to remain true to his or her morals and ethics. This section includes a variety of articles that speak of the blessings of Ramadan and the graces it holds.
(6) THE HAJJ, or Pilgrimage, is known as the "Fifth Pillar" of Islam, an essential rite of worship that all Muslim men and women are required to perform once in a lifetime, if they have the means and health. This ritual is the most involved of all the rituals, for it requires travel to Makkah and performing a variety of particular rites over a period of several days. The Pilgrimage was instituted by Prophet Abraham and revived and perfected by Prophet Muhammad (God's peace and blessings be upon them both). Here you will find a variety of articles about this special rite of worship.